At what stage of your business growth should you prioritize your mental health?
When is it a good time to invest in support on your entrepreneurial journey?
Is it normal to struggle with motivation while running a business you love?
After last week’s brilliant episode with Saša Harper, the feedback we got from the wellness community spoke volumes about the urgent need to increase accessibility in our businesses. But that also got me thinking about the struggles of entrepreneurship which don’t get talked about enough, as we hurry towards the next milestone in our business success story.
In today’s episode of The Wellness Entrepreneur Podcast, I talk to you directly about my own experiences and struggles while growing a thriving wellness business.
Inside the episode, I explain:
- How I check in on my own mental health
- Why I seek out discomfort and how it helps me grow
- The need for a support system of fellow entrepreneurs
Sometimes the best advice can feel inaccessible because it speaks to a neurotypical audience by default.
This is especially disheartening in the wellness space because most of us gravitate towards it seeking the comfort and support it offers.
So, in today’s episode of the Wellness Entrepreneur podcast, I’m speaking to Saša Harper, a Personal Coach from Liverpool, UK, who is actively working to make the wellness industry a more welcoming and accessible space for neurodiverse people.
Saša has spent a decade in physics education, and now uses their knowledge of the education field, physics, and their own experience with a late diagnosis of ADHD to help people achieve a better understanding of their own emotions and behaviours.
In this episode, we talk in depth about:
- How Saša got their Master in Particle Physics, despite their struggles with the education system
- What it was like to live with undiagnosed ADHD until the age of...
How do you know when it’s time to invest in Facebook Ads?
How big does your audience have to be for it to work?
Is it cheating if you gain followers from ads instead of organic growth?
Today’s guest on the podcast will answer all these questions and more! Emily Hirsh is a leading Digital Marketing Strategist and the founder of Hirsh Marketing. She’s worked with many clients who run digital empires across the world and helped them super-charge their reach.
And in this episode of The Wellness Entrepreneur, I ask Emily all the questions that entrepreneurs with young businesses have about digital marketing and the true effectiveness of Facebook ads.
Dive in with us, as we explore:
- The ONE element you must have ready before you use ads to amplify your reach
- Whether ads works even if you have a small budget for marketing
- What are cold and warm audiences, and how can you ensure that you’re reaching out to both with your content?
The world gives a lot of information to new mothers about how they should care for their babies. But it fails to support women in caring for their own bodies after the rigours of childbirth.
Today’s guest discovered this gap in knowledge early in her training as a fitness instructor, and found the perfect tool to help strengthen women’s bodies in Hypopressives.
In this episode of The Wellness Entrepreneur Podcast, I chat with Karolina Fung-On, Senior UK Hypopressives Trainer and boss at Fitness by the Sea. We talk about the many ways in which society dismisses the physical challenges of new mothers and Karolina’s determination to spread awareness about the issue.
We also explore:
- How motherhood helped Karolina figure out how little is known about women’s health issues after childbirth
- The challenges of teaching physically exhausting classes during her own pregnancy
- Why society’s ignorance causes women to neglect problems like...
Every wellness entrepreneur aspires to create a business that helps people. But what are the benefits and drawbacks of living a life of giving to others?
The best person to answer that question must be the woman who just received an MBE for her decades of tireless charitable work.
In today’s Wellness Entrepreneur Podcast episode, I talk to Julie Kent MBE about the loss that started her journey of giving and how her work has strengthened and supported her throughout the years.
In this interview, we explore:
- The challenges and joy of caring for sixty teenagers as a housemistress
- How giving your money or your time can be beneficial to your mental and physical health
- The pressures of being the upbeat, optimistic one
- Recognising and fully dealing with your own grief
- Nearly deleting the email that informed her of the MBE award
- Why higher-ups in a company should set charitable examples for employees to follow
The world has become more generous in the last year as...
Are you confident that you know how to run your wellness business successfully?
For a lot of entrepreneurs, their creative talent is their strength, while running a business is something that they're having to learn on the go.
But with so much at stake, it's crucial that you use more than wish and hope (and a bit of law of attraction magic) as early in your business journey as possible.
Our guest today learned this lesson the hard way.
Jennifer Morley - an entrepreneur and a salon marketing coach - joins us in today's episode of the Wellness Entrepreneur Podcast, and talks about her experience of nearly shutting down her business, and how one incredible epiphany helped her turn everything around. In this episode we explore:
- How bad advice from the wrong business coach nearly ran her salon to the ground
- How finding her ideal client helped Jennifer take her business from stagnant to booming in two years
- The importance of showing up online and making sure you have an omni-channel...
What if you’re passionate about more than one field? How do you know which one is the right fit for you?
When choosing a niche to build your business, you have to take many material and spiritual considerations into account.
All of which can leave you terribly confused and delay your commitment to one path.
But what if that delay isn’t a bad thing?
In today’s episode, I talk to the brilliant wellness entrepreneur, Suzie Smith, who had to make that decision between her successful yoga teaching business and a developing talent in handpoked tattoo artistry. Listen to her lay out her journey, as we explore:
- How Suzie tried to be practical about her artistic pursuits and trained in yoga to teach it as she traveled across South America
- How tattooing her friends for fun slowly turned into a lucrative side hustle that was taking up more and more of her interest and time
- The balancing of two businesses and the moment when it tilted in one definite...
Do the endless ‘quick fixes’ popping up in the wellness space ever make your eyes roll? Yes? ME TOO!
The reality is - the superficial nature of these hacks can often turn well meaning clients and practitioners away from practices that could truly benefit their overall health and well-being (and business!)
After all, the goal of the wellness space has always been to find ways to support people to support themselves, but it’s becoming increasingly important that we check who we’re getting our information from, and how solid these sources really are.
Today, I talk with Puja Vashisht - a learned Ayurvedic practitioner and wellness coach - and we get honest about the difficulties clients can face in taking the often hard steps to improve their lives and businesses, and abandon the mindset of reaching for quick fixes.
Puja takes us through her path from being a skeptical child growing up in a household that practised the tenets of Ayurveda to learning to...
How often do we skip the gym because we can’t bear to have an audience to our struggles on that day?
How often does self care and fitness aspirations fall to the wayside, as we focus on fulfilling our roles as mothers, wives, CEOs, and entrepreneurs?
We have too much on our plate, and no motivation to face the gym on top of a tiring day.
Which is why, in this episode of The Wellness Entrepreneur Podcast, I chat with Jenna McAvoy, a fitness coach with seven years of experience, who identified this problem in the lives of her clients and set about finding a personalised solution through her brand, Empwr.
Jenna tells us the amazing story of how her own struggles taught her to help rebuild women’s confidence!
We dive deep into the challenges and success of her business, and explore:
- How Jenna created a brand that revolves around addressing every client’s unique struggles
- How building her career as a Personal Trainer helped rebuild her own confidence
- How Jenna...
Do you ever have days when you wake up planning to power through your schedule, but your mind and body just says ‘NO’?
What if I told you that there is a way to know exactly which days of the month you’re likely to feel this way - and that you already have the tools to navigate this.
The only thing missing is the knowledge of how to use them.
Historically, women who knew how to tap into their natural cycles and understood its raw power scared the patriarchy.
Unfortunately, not much has changed - talking about menstruation is still taboo in most societies!
Which is why in this week's Wellness Entrepreneur Podcast episode, I interview menstrual cycle educator and coach, Jema Lee, and dig deep into the secrets that lie within both ancient and modern healing practices.
Our body is always ready to guide us towards balance and prosperity. We just need to listen! So, in this episode, we explore:
- How to track and study your cycle and take full advantage of the gifts each phase...
Say goodbye to the constant confusion and endless overwhelm and hello to everything you need to grow a meaningful and abundant community of raving super fans who are hella excited to work with you!