Sometimes the best advice can feel inaccessible because it speaks to a neurotypical audience by default.
This is especially disheartening in the wellness space because most of us gravitate towards it seeking the comfort and support it offers.
So, in today’s episode of the Wellness Entrepreneur podcast, I’m speaking to Saša Harper, a Personal Coach from Liverpool, UK, who is actively working to make the wellness industry a more welcoming and accessible space for neurodiverse people.
Saša has spent a decade in physics education, and now uses their knowledge of the education field, physics, and their own experience with a late diagnosis of ADHD to help people achieve a better understanding of their own emotions and behaviours.
In this episode, we talk in depth about:
- How Saša got their Master in Particle Physics, despite their struggles with the education system
- What it was like to live with undiagnosed ADHD until the age of thirty-three
- How Instagram helped connect Saša with others with their symptoms and struggles, leading to unexpected validation and support
- Why getting a formal diagnosis was empowering, and how labels must have purpose
- The contented disability status of those diagnosed with ADHD
- Why the super-power narrative around neurodiverse people disrupts communication between humans by focusing on labels.
- How most people don’t realise they’re not being inclusive, unless someone close to them is neurodiverse.
- Ways in which you can make your business and venues accessible, and why you should make it visible in your website and social media.
There are many barriers that keep neurodiverse people from experiencing the full benefits of the wellness space. But as we try to come up with innovative solutions to these challenges, we actively improve our services as well as the whole of the wellness industry. Tune in to listen to this episode right here!
JOIN THE COLLECTIVE HERE - https://www.kirstykianifard.com/collective
ADHD Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/adh_dopameme
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- My Story With Autism - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/my-story-with-autism/id1455716065?i=1000506016510
- Radical Self-Love: Secrets For Success with Sabi Kerr - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/radical-self-love-secrets-for-success-with-sabi-kerr/id1455716065?i=1000490050556
Say hi to Kirsty Kianifard on social:
Say goodbye to the constant confusion and endless overwhelm and hello to everything you need to grow a meaningful and abundant community of raving super fans who are hella excited to work with you!